Work but also other things (like tending to my vegetable garden) have been preventing me not only from posting to this blog more regularly, but also from doing medieval textile crafts. I've been doing some other living history related things, such as painting a shield with my man's coat of arms, medieval cooking etc., but not textiles. That is, this weekend I finally got the time to make some laces for the man's fifteenth century doublet. The old laces urgently needed replacement, since half of them were lost or broken.
I made 11 laces for the hose and the closure of the wrists,. I used blue and red linen thread, and waxed the finished laces to make them slightly more sturdy. All that still needs to be done now is to make a long lace for the front closure.
And than repeat all steps for his other doublet. Yay!